Applications for the JPB EH Fellowship are currently closed.
- Be early career junior faculty by October 1, 2018* (preferably in their first appointment) at academic institutions across the United States. Faculty at under-resourced institutions are strongly encouraged to apply. *This requirement was modified from 10/1/17 to 10/1/18 for the current nomination period.
- Be working or committed to research and scholarship on issues related to the environmental and social determinants of health in vulnerable communities in the United States. Disciplines included are Epidemiology, Exposure Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Engineering and Physical and Biological Sciences.
- Be nominated by a Dean, Department Chair or Senior Faculty member from their institution—see instructions for application and nomination in the “To Apply” section of the website.
- Not already be receiving substantial funding for early career training, through a K-award or similar non-NIH mechanism.
- Not be a faculty member at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Hold a doctoral degree and have completed postdoctoral training.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Please note: Alumni of the Harvard School of Public Health ARE eligible